Business Design Requirements:
- Business occupancy is associated with professional offices.
- Fire separations between other occupancy types may be required.
- The occupant load and travel distance to exits will need to be evaluated
- Corridors may require fire sprinklers, fire ratings, both, or neither,
The Second Floor:
|Doctors Office Floor Plan
- If the building provides a large enough 2nd floor, The Handicap Code may
require an elevator. Backup power for the elevator may also be required.
- The stair shaft and elevator shaft will need to be fire rated.
- Most 2nd floors require two separate exit paths.
|Click on Sketch
to View in PDF
- It is wisest to layout a
business occupancy with fire
and life safety codes in
- Proper locations or grouping
of larger storage areas can
- Locations of exits can also
eliminate the requirement of
fire rating the corridors.
- Certain aspects of the site
plan can also affect the
building overall construction
|Commercial - Business Occupancy
Professional Offices, Service Providers, Storage of Records
|STRUCTURAL BUILDING DESIGNS
|Daniel F. Ardito, PE
5644 S Plantain Pt
Lecanto, FL 34461
|** email: firstname.lastname@example.org **
|*** SKYPE Callers - Please Leave Message or Use Email ***
I Will Not Answer Calls With "No Caller ID" or "Vague Caller ID" Due to the High Volume of
Telemarketing Calls in Recent Years. Leave a Message With Name, Number, and Message. Thankyou
Business Office Sample Drawing
|Call Today to Discuss Your
Project Design Needs